Governing Body Structure
Park Street is a local authority voluntary-aided school which reconstituted in line with statutory guidelines on 1st February 2015. There are 12 governor positions:
- The Headteacher (ex officio)
- Two Parent Governors (election)
- A Local Authority Governor (appointed)
- A Staff Governor (election)
- Seven Foundation Governors
- Three Foundation Governors are appointed by the Ely Diocesan Board of Education, three are appointed by the Trustees of the Church Schools of Cambridge and one ex officio appointment is made by the Archdeacon of Cambridge (Diocese of Ely).
The term of office of governors (other than the Headteacher and the ex officio Governor) is four years. All Governors are expected to conform to our Code of Practice.
The Governing Body has in place a number of Standing Orders (available on the Governors page).
The Governing Body uses the ‘Circle Model’ of Governance, where delegation is to working parties of governors. It also has a Foundation Committee to which it delegates responsibility for the Christian character of the school
Other committees and working groups – such as Admissions and Pay Review – are established as required.
Learn about life at our unique ‘village’ school situated at the heart of Cambridge.
With only 120 pupils, relationships are at the heart of the school, where every member of staff knows our children and families well.
View a video created by the school’s parents and children.