Governing Body Structure
Park Street is a local authority voluntary-aided school which reconstituted in line with statutory guidelines on 1st February 2015. There are 12 governor positions:
- The Headteacher (ex officio)
- Two Parent Governors (election)
- A Local Authority Governor (appointed)
- A Staff Governor (election)
- Seven Foundation Governors
- Three Foundation Governors are appointed by the Ely Diocesan Board of Education, three are appointed by the Trustees of the Church Schools of Cambridge and one ex officio appointment is made by the Archdeacon of Cambridge (Diocese of Ely).
The term of office of governors (other than the Headteacher and the ex officio Governor) is four years. All Governors are expected to conform to our Code of Practice.
The Governing Body has in place a number of Standing Orders. It has established three main committees to which it delegates day-to-day responsibility for the oversight of various aspects of the running of the school:
- Finance and Resources
- Personnel and Learning.
Other committees and working groups – such as Admissions and Pay Review – are established as needed.