We have been asked by tto share the following information about fostering children in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough:
Fostering in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
We’d just like to share some information with you about fostering with your Local Authority – and what you can do to help us find safe, stable and loving homes for vulnerable children and young people.
The Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Fostering Service receives around 50 referrals every month, and we are doing everything we can to provide nurturing environments for our children and young person who need our help. We particularly need people who have experience of working with children, such as teachers, teaching assistants and other professionals from the education sector.
As your Local Authority, we are uniquely placed to support our Foster Carers un the following ways:
- We are a not-for profit organisation and invest in our children, young people and Foster Carers
- We enable young people to stay close to their family, friends and schools
- Our carers are the first to hear about the children and young people who need a home and a loving family
- If a decision needs to be made about the child, we can make it quickly as the Local Authority is the decision maker
- We offer our carers excellent bespoke training and support
- We are competitive in pay against IFAs with additional tax savings
If you can provide a safe, loving environment in which a child or young person who cannot live with their birth family can flourish, please get in touch: