Raising a concern

The Christian faith which underpins the school is a message of faith in God and each other. The school is a community, committed to care for each other, which should share its concerns on a basis of reconciliation, forgiveness, tolerance and hope.

What to do if you have a concern

If you do have a concern, then this should normally be able to be resolved by informal talks to find a satisfactory conclusion. Depending on the nature of the concern, the person to whom you’ll need to speak will differ. Please refer to the chart below to see who you should speak to in the first instance, and who to speak to next if you do not have a satisfactory resolution.

  • Example 1: If the concern is about teaching, then you should first discuss with the teacher concerned, and if no resolution can be found, then refer to the Headteacher.
  • Example 2: If the issue is about the Headteacher, then you should first discuss it with the Headteacher, and if no resolution can be found, then refer to the Chair of Governors.

Next steps

If you cannot find an informal resolution to the concern, then you will need to make a formal complaint. In order to do this, you must follow the procedure outlined in the Complaints Policy.

Please consult the Complaints Policy itself for precise instructions on what falls within the scope of the policy, for timeframes within which formal complaints need to be made, and for the format in which a formal complaint needs to be made.